Babur Ismailov was born in 1973, in Tashkent, Uzbekistan where he lives and works nowadays. He studied Fine Arts at the Benkov Art College in Tashkent (1987- 1990) and at the State Institute of Fine Arts in Tashkent, Uzbekistan (1990-1996). Since 1997 he teaches at the national fine arts and design institute. Since 1998 he is a member of the Creative Union of Arts of Uzbekistan, in Tashkent, and since 2000 is a member of Moscow Union of Artists of the International Art Fund. Babur Ismailov holds a great number of diplomas and awards, such as a Golden Medal of the Fine Arts Academy of Uzbekistan and The Medal of the Honored Artists of Uzbekistan.
Selected solo exhibitions:
- 2015 Works exhibited at the "IIhom" theatre in Tashkent,Uzbekistan. "Palas Concorde" in Paris, France. The Embassy of Uzbekistan to The United States of America, Washington DC, USA.
- 2014 "PavillionDophine" gallery in Paris, France, curated by Sara Raza.The "Alif" gallery in Dubai, UAE.
- 2013 "Mots"gallery of the fine arts of Uzbekistan in Tashken, Uzbekistan.
- 2010 "ChodirHael" Fine Art Gallery of Uzbekistan, Tashkent.Solo exhibition at Clermon-Ferran. France. At the "House of Scientists" of Russian Academy of Science, Novosibirsk, Russia. "Atlas" gallery. Moscow, Russia.
- 2008 Solo exhibition at the AlexandreCadain gallery.
- 2006-2007 Solo exhibitions in the frame of Treasures of Uzbekistan festival at the Bource de la Commerce hall. Paris, France.
- 2004 Solo exhibition in the City Hall of Versal. France.
- 2000 personal exhibition at “La Comedia” Theatre, Paris. At the Central House of Artists in Moscow. Central Asian Cultural Festival at Raspai Studio, in Paris.
- 1998 Personal exhibition at the House of Cinema, Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
- 1997 Personal exhibition of graphic works at Ilhom Theatre, Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
Selected group exhibitions:
- 2012-2015 Participant of The "Qala"International Art Festival in Baku, Azerbaijan.
- 2012 6th International Photo Biennale, Fine Art Gallery of Uzbekistan, Tashkent.Artist in residence at the "Cite des Arts", Paris. Participant of the "Kalandari" exhibition at The State Museum Of Oriental Arts, Moscow.
- 2011 6th International Biennale of Contemporary Art, State Art Gallery of Uzbekistan, Tashkent.Russian Academy of Sciences, Novosibirsk.RencontresInternationales, Berlin. ChodirHael, Fine Art Gallery of Uzbekistan, Tashkent. Tree of Oblivion, State Museum of Oriental Art, Moscow, Russia,
- 2008 Participated in the Moon face project, Art Gallery of Uzbekistan and at the video art project "Medialaboratory 2008.
- 2007 Participated at the project at the Art Gallery of Uzbekistan and in the "Time Signs" project at the Center of National Art of Uzbekistan.
- 2006 "Caravan Saray" International mobile exhibition of conceptual art, at The Centre of contemporary art of Uzbekistan. Tashkent.
- 2004 Exhibition of national applied and decorative art of Central Asia in headquarters of UNESCO. Paris. France.
- 2003 Second International Biennale in Tashkent. Exhibition at the "Stairs" gallery, Moscow as part of Uzbek Arts Festival organized by Vasiliev Theatre (Moscow) and Caravan Gallery (Tashkent).Exhibition at "Spicy Orient Exhibition hall" of the Academy of Art of Uzbekistan.
- 2002 Exhibition “East-West: connection of times”, Academy of Arts Hall, Tashkent. Art Festival “Silk Road” Smithsonian University of Washington, USA.
- 2001 Exhibition of Uzbek artists in Paris, Attitude Gallery.International Biennale in Tashkent; International exhibition at Humay Gallery, London, Great Britain.
- 2000 “Legents and people of the Silk road” at ARDIAN gallery. London.
- 1997 “Asia Art 97”, International Biennale at the Central Exhibition Hall of the Academy of Art in Tashkent. Exhibition at the Egyptian Cultural Center in Tashkent.
Babur Ismailov's works are in several public collections including The Fine Art Gallery Of Uzbekistan, THE HOUSE OF VAN GOGH in Auvers-sur-Oise France,the "Qala" museum of fine arts and at the museum of City hall of Inner City IcheriSheher in Baku,Azerbaijan. AT THE GALLERY OF THE NATIONAL BANK OF UZBEKISTAN, INTERNATIONAL ART LTD. GALLERY (USA), as well as in selected private collections around the world.
- Art director of the ballet "Pranks of Nasreddin" at The Navoi State Academic Big Theatre (1997)
- "Alpomish" play at the Republic Puppet show
- "Ecstasy with the pomegranate" theatre of Mark Weil, "Ilhom" (2007)
- International music festival "Shark taronalari", Samarkand (2005)
- Decoration for the Ilkhom Award of Mark Weil at the "Ilkhom" theatre (2009, 2010)
- Stage decoration for Uzbek and Turkmen concert at the Turkistan Palace (2009)
- Art director of the movies "Dilhiroj", "Comrade Boykendjaev" (director Y.Razikov).
- Animated cartoon "Alpomish Kush" (director N.Tulyahojaev) by studio Uzbekfilm.
- “Peter Pan” by J.M. Barrie.
- “Sufistic Decameron” by TimurZulfikarov.
- “Gold and Sun Emroiderer” by I.Finkelshtein.
- “Mischief-maker” by GafurGulyam.
- Art director of ballet “The Tricks of Nasreddin”, Navoi Ballet and Opera Theatre, Tashkent.
- Art Director of the International Music Festival “Shark Taronalari” in Samarkand.
- Head designer of exhibitions “Seismograph” and “Buhara underground” organised by Swiss Bureau of Cooperation.